MC102      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain has a tendency to die in the cold.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- lon-9-- = capR9 of Markovitz.
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- aziR = azide resistance
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Markovitz, A. 1964. Regulatory mechanism for synthesis of capsular polysaccharide in mucoid mutants of Escherichia coli K-12. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 51:239-240