LCB618      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- Δ(gltB-gltF)500-- :Glt- phenotype in gltB mutant requires presence of a gdhA mutation as well. 0.2% aspartate is a better N-source than glutamate because of uptake(Pahel et al).
- glgC16-- : This strain may contain this mutation. P.C. to Barbara Bachmann from Dr. Sarwen Dhir.
- Δ(gltB-gltF)500 was formerly called gltB31
- Δ(gltB-gltF)500 was formerly called aspB21
- Δ(gltB-gltF)500 was formerly called aspB24
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- hns-1 was formerly called cur-1
- hns-1 was formerly called osmZ1
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- L? = assignment uncertain
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Sigal, N., J. Puig 1968. Compt.Rend.Acad.Sci.Paris 267:1223-0
- Cattaneo, J, M Damotte, N Sigal, F Sanchez-Medina, J Puig 1969. Genetic studies of Escherichia coli K 12 mutants with alterations in glycogenesis and properties of an altered adenosine diphosphate glucose pyrophosphorylase. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 34(5):694-701.