W3100      Source of Strain:
J. LederbergOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: IN(rrnD-rrnE)1
, rph-1Strain Comments:
- (Note that W1485, ancestor of W3100 does not carry supE42).
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- Bachmann, BJ 1972. Pedigrees of some mutant strains of Escherichia coli K-12. Bacteriol.Rev. 36(4):525-57.
- Hill, C.W., B.W. Harnish 1981. Inversions between ribosomal RNA genes of Escherichia coli. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 78:7069-7072