BW5328/pGY1      Source of Strain:
pGY1 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: bla
, phnP-G Chromosomal Markers: Δ(argF-lac)169
, creC510Strain Comments:
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Const = constitutive
- ApR = ampicillin resistant
- Yakovleva, G.M., S.K. Kim, B.L. Wanner 1998. Phosphate-independent expression of the carbon-phosphorus lyase activity of Escherichia coli. Appl.Microbiol.Biotechnol. 49:573-578