RP437      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Advice from J.S.Parkinson: After reviving this strain from the filter, test on soft agar plates and pick a colony that is motile and chemotactic for your experiments, because nonmotile variants arise in room temperature stab cultures.
- This is the parent strain of many che and mot mutants. For questions about use or characteristics of this strain, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Parkinson, JS 1978. Complementation analysis and deletion mapping of Escherichia coli mutants defective in chemotaxis. J. Bacteriol. 135(1):45-53.