GU26      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, cpdB2Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Beacham, I.R., R. Kahana, L. Levy, E. Yagil 1973. Mutants of Escherichia coli K-12 "cryptic" or deficient in 5'-nucleotidase (uridine diphosphate-sugar hydrolase) and 3'-nucleotidase (cyclic phosphodiesterase) activity. J.Bacteriol. 116:957-964
- Beacham, I.R., S. Garrett 1980. Isolation of Escherichia coli mutants (cpdB) deficient in periplasmic 2':3'-cyclic phosphodiesterase and genetic mapping of the cpdB locus. J.Gen.Microbiol. 119:31-34