PM61R      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- It grows better than did the original culture (or cultures revived from storage in the lyophilized state). It has also become Mal+.
- This culture of strain PM61 has been maintained in vegetative culture since the strain was isolated.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- envC61-- filamentous, ts on low salt, leaky, suppressed by acrE.
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Rodolakis, A., F. Casse, J. Starka 1974. Morphological mutants of Escherichia coli K-12. Mapping of the envC mutation. Mol.Gen.Genet. 130:177-181