HI24      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Otsuji, N, H Iyehara, Y Hideshima 1974. Isolation and characterization of an Escherichia coli ruv mutant which forms nonseptate filaments after low doses of ultraviolet light irradiation. J. Bacteriol. 117(2):337-44.
- Iyehara, H, N Otsuji 1975. Location of the Escherichia coli K-12 ruv gene affecting septum formation after inhibition of deoxyribonucleic acid synthesis. J. Bacteriol. 122(2):791-3.
- Shurvinton, C.E., R.G. Lloyd, F.E. Benson, P.V. Attfield 1984. Genetic analysis and molecular cloning of the Escherichia coli ruv gene. Mol.Gen.Genet. 194:322-329