JE5784      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, metA160Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- mrcB704-- has been called ponB704. The gene encodes peptidoglycan synthetase, PBP-1Bs.
- purE42-- :Strains with this marker are derivatives of Χ148 and may carry malA38LAMR and a suppressor of the Mal- phenotype, sup-78,near his.
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- aziR = azide resistance
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Suzuki, H, Y Nishimura, Y Hirota 1978. On the process of cellular division in Escherichia coli: a series of mutants of E. coli altered in the penicillin-binding proteins. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 75(2):664-8.