GM2198      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- dcm-6-- has a Gln to Arg mutation,also a TGG to TGA termination mutation,which results in dcm-vsr message degradation and causes a Vsr- phenotype (Dar 1993).
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = chloramphenicol resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Marinus, MG, M Carraway, AZ Frey, L Brown, JA Arraj 1983. Insertion mutations in the dam gene of Escherichia coli K-12. Mol. Gen. Genet. 192(1-2):288-9.