DF1062      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(araA-leu)7697
, zjf-920::Tn10Strain Comments:
- The ara region in this strain was transduced in from E. coli B.
- Δ(araA-leu)7697-- Shown by Durfee et al. to be a deletion of the first 295 codons of hepA to the first 82 codons of fruR.
- [araD139]B/r-- The thr-leu region was transduced from an E. coli B/r strain (SB3118) in early steps of strain derivation; ara or in some strains ara-leu or thr-leu are from B.
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- is a deletion of the entire lac operon, from the strain Hfr 3000 X74 of Jacob. Refs. on extent of deletion: Sung et al.1987,J.Bact.169:2639; Gerdes et al.2001
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- Shown by Ferrandez et al. 1997 to extend to mhpD
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- Shown by Durfee et al. to extend from codon 292 of yahG through mhpE
- galK16-- An IS2 insertion resulting in the truncation of the protein at codon 56
- galE15(GalS)-- G to A transition resulting in an S122F amino acid substitution
- galE15(GalS)-- is Brenner's gal-U38, isolated by UV mutagenesis from his strain CA1.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- rpsL150(strR)-- T to C transition mutation resulting in a K43R amino acid substitution.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- zjf-920::Tn10-- cotransduces ca. 10% with fdp ( fbp) and 26% with pyrB. Shown by Nichols et al. to lie within orf yjcS, at nucleotide 4,303,986 (min. 95.757)
- Δ(araA-leu)7697 was formerly called Δ(hepA-fruR)7697
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δ(lac)3
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δlac74
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called DE(lac)6
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called X74
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δ(yahG-mhpE)
- zjf-920::Tn10 was formerly called zjg-920::Tn10
- = tetracycline resistant
- GalS = UDPGal accum.toxic if GalKRP+
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Sedivy, F. Daldal, D. Fraenkel 1984. Fructose bisphosphatase of Escherichia coli: cloning of the structural gene and preparation of a chromosomal deletion. J.Bacteriol. 158:1048-1053