EDCM70      Source of Strain:
M. MastersOther Designations:
pTOF24 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: repA101
, sacB Plasmid Comment:
Construction replacement vector derived from pKO3 and pUC4K. Cloning into pTOF24 using salI-PstI results in screenable loss of kan marker. Chromosomal Markers: Δ(argF-lac)169
, hsdR17Strain Comments:
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- = kanamycin resistant
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Merlin, C., S. McAteer, M. Masters 2002. Tools for characterization of Escherichia coli genes of unknown function. J.Bacteriol. 184:4573-4581