AB2874      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-proA)62
, tfr-3Strain Comments:
- This strain can be grown on Phe, Tyr, Try plus shikimic acid at 10-6M.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Wallace, BJ, J Pittard 1967. Genetic and biochemical analysis of the isoenzymes concerned in the first reaction of aromatic biosynthesis in Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 93(1):237-44.