AB3257      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-proA)62
, tfr-3Strain Comments:
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Wallace, BJ, J Pittard 1969. Regulation of 3-deoxy-D-arabino-heptulosonic 7-phosphate acid synthetase activity in relation to the synthesis of the aromatic vitamins in Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 99(3):707-12.