AB3294      Source of Strain:
A.J. PittardOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-proA)62
, fer-351Strain Comments:
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- fer-351-- is a mutation affecting fertility.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Huang, M, J Pittard 1967. Genetic analysis of mutant strains of Escherichia coli requiring p-aminobenzoic acid for growth. J. Bacteriol. 93(6):1938-42.