AB3303      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1
(strR) or rpsL704
, tsx-29 or tsx-358Strain Comments:
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Huang, M, J Pittard 1967. Genetic analysis of mutant strains of Escherichia coli requiring p-aminobenzoic acid for growth. J. Bacteriol. 93(6):1938-42.