AB3441      Source of Strain:
F8 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, xyl-7 or xylA5
, tfr-5Strain Comments:
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Stadler, J, EA Adelberg 1972. Temperature dependence of sex-factor maintenance in Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 109(1):447-9.
- Korner, A, BB Magee, B Liska, KB Low, EA Adelberg, D Soll 1974. Isolation and partial characterization of a temperature-sensitive Escherichia coli mutant with altered glutaminyl-transfer ribonucleic acid synthetase. J. Bacteriol. 120(1):154-8.