AB3516      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araBAD-9
, rpsL8 or rplL9
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- lacZ13(Oc)-- is lacZ2 of Jacob, originating in Paris strain 3.320. It is an ochre, polar mutation.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Wechsler, J.A. 1969. Antipolarity in the ilv operon of Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 98:1179-1194
- Marsh, NJ, DE Duggan 1972. Ordering of mutant sites in the isoleucine-valine genes of Escherichia coli by use of merogenotes derived from F 14 : a new procedure for fine-structure mapping. J. Bacteriol. 109(2):730-40.