N198      Source of Strain:
F100-2 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: LAMind- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(codB-lacI)3
(strR), spoT1Strain Comments:
- F100-2 carries λind- and may also carry the mutation supE44. This strain is a λind- derivative of Signer strain M5073. (Ref. is to M5073.)
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- is a deletion of the entire lac operon, from the strain Hfr 3000 X74 of Jacob. Refs. on extent of deletion: Sung et al.1987,J.Bact.169:2639; Gerdes et al.2001
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- Shown by Durfee et al. to extend from codon 292 of yahG through mhpE
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- Shown by Ferrandez et al. 1997 to extend to mhpD
- galK16-- An IS2 insertion resulting in the truncation of the protein at codon 56
- galE15(GalS)-- is Brenner's gal-U38, isolated by UV mutagenesis from his strain CA1.
- galE15(GalS)-- G to A transition resulting in an S122F amino acid substitution
- rpsL150(strR)-- T to C transition mutation resulting in a K43R amino acid substitution.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δ(lac)3
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δlac74
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called DE(lac)6
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called X74
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δ(yahG-mhpE)
- GalS = UDPGal accum.toxic if GalKRP+
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Gottesman, M.E., M. Yarmolinsky 1968. Integration-negative mutants of bacteriophage lambda. J.Mol.Biol. 31:487-505
- Sung, Y.-C., P.M. Anderson, J.A. Fuchs 1987. Characterization of high-level expression and sequencing of the Escherichia coli K-12 cynS gene encoding cyanase. J.Bacteriol. 169:5224-5230