KL719      Source of Strain:
M.C. CappelloOther Designations:
F101 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain must be grown on medium containing Pro, His, Arg, Thi and lacking Thr, Leu.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- recA13-- Amino acid substitution Leu 51 Phe
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Low, K.B. 1968. Formation of merodiploids in matings with a class of Rec- recipient strains of Escherichia coli K12. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 60:160-167