KL734      Source of Strain:
M.C. CappelloOther Designations:
F119 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, pyrB31Strain Comments:
- This strain must be maintained on medium containing thr, leu, pro, his, thy, thi and lacking ura.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- thyA25-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- L? = assignment uncertain
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Low, KB 1972. Escherichia coli K-12 F-prime factors, old and new. 36(4):587-607.