KL709      Source of Strain:
M.C. CappelloOther Designations:
F142 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: ΔptsI0 Chromosomal Markers: galK35
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain should be maintained on medium containing thi, his, trp, ura and lacking tyr. Watch out for faster-growing clones bearing further partial deletions of F142.
- galK35-- is Brenner's gal-U99 from Hfr 3000 U99 and has been called galK99
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Low, KB 1972. Escherichia coli K-12 F-prime factors, old and new. 36(4):587-607.
- Gelfand, DH, RA Steinberg 1977. Escherichia coli mutants deficient in the aspartate and aromatic amino acid aminotransferases. J. Bacteriol. 130(1):429-40.
- Gelfand, D.H., N. Rudo 1977. Mapping of the aspartate and aromatic amino acid amino-transferase genes tyrB and aspC. J.Bacteriol. 130:441-444