KL738      Source of Strain:
M.C. CappelloOther Designations:
F140 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: mtl-0 Chromosomal Markers: leuB6
, metB1Strain Comments:
- 1.This strain should be maintained on medium containing met, his, leu and lacking arg. It grows slowly on such medium. Watch out for faster-growing clones, as these may be segregants with partial
- 2.deletions of F140. The strain gives Mtl- and Xyl- phenotypes on MacConkey agar plates. This is because on this rich medium the partial segregants completely overgrow the clones which still
- 3.contain the F140 intact. The strain will grow on minimal media appropriately supplemented with mannitol or xylose as carbon and energy source.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- hisG1-- This mutation has been reported as either a frameshift or a 36 nt deletion
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- fhuA2::IS2 was formerly called fhuA2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- = strep-resistant
- ::IS2 = Insertion of IS2
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Low, KB 1972. Escherichia coli K-12 F-prime factors, old and new. 36(4):587-607.