KL730      Source of Strain:
M.C. CappelloOther Designations:
F15 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: Chromosomal Markers: leuB6
, metB1Strain Comments:
- The episome F15 probably carries the mutation relA1.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- thyA23-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- = strep-resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Bachmann, BJ 1972. Pedigrees of some mutant strains of Escherichia coli K-12. Bacteriol.Rev. 36(4):525-57.
- Low, KB 1972. Escherichia coli K-12 F-prime factors, old and new. 36(4):587-607.