KL737      Source of Strain:
M.C. CappelloOther Designations:
F254 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: rna
, lipA Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- PO 59 is sometimes called OR11, and the strain of origin is sometimes called Hfr OR11.
- This strain should be maintained on medium containing thi, met, tryp, leu and lacking ade, pro.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- purE42-- :Strains with this marker are derivatives of Χ148 and may carry malA38LAMR and a suppressor of the Mal- phenotype, sup-78,near his.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- proC32 was formerly called proC65
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- aziR = azide resistance
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Berg, CM, R Curtiss 1967. Transposition derivatives of an Hfr strain of Escherichia coli K-12. Genetics 56(3):503-25.