KL718      Source of Strain:
M.C. CappelloOther Designations:
F152 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: gal Chromosomal Markers: galK35
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain should be maintained on medium containing thi, ura, trp, his, tyr and with galactose as carbon source.
- galK35-- is Brenner's gal-U99 from Hfr 3000 U99 and has been called galK99
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Low, KB 1972. Escherichia coli K-12 F-prime factors, old and new. 36(4):587-607.
- Ohtsubo, E, MT Hsu 1978. Electron microscope heteroduplex studies of sequence relations among plasmids of Escherichia coli: structure of F100, F152, and F8 and mapping of the Escherichia coli chromosomal region fep-supE-gal-attlambda-uvrB. J. Bacteriol. 134(3):778-94.