CS101-4U1      Source of Strain:
J.R. BeckwithOther Designations:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: garB10
, creC510Strain Comments:
- Called 3OsO U7 in reference below.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Beckwith, J.R., A.B. Pardee, R. Austrian, F. Jacob 1962. Coordination of the synthesis of the enzymes in the pyrimidine pathway of E. coli. J.Mol.Biol. 5:618-634