AT2427      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, creC510Strain Comments:
- Reference: M. Jones-Mortimer, Personal Communication, cited in Riordan and Kornberg, below.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- cysJ43-- - the cys allele was formerly thought to be in cysC.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Const = constitutive
- Taylor, A.L., C.D. Trotter 1967. Revised linkage map of Escherichia coli. Bacteriol.Rev. 31:332-353
- Riordan, C., H.L. Kornberg 1977. Location of galP, a Gene Which Specifies Galactose Permease Activity, on the Escherichia coli Linkage Map Proc.Roy.Soc.Lond.B 198(1133):401-410.