AT2696      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: glnV44
, metB1Strain Comments:
- thyA3-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- lysA22-- is Taylor's lysA10 which he briefly called lysB10 in 1971.
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- = strep-resistant
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Taylor, A.L., C.D. Trotter 1967. Revised linkage map of Escherichia coli. Bacteriol.Rev. 31:332-353
- Taylor, A.L. 1970. Current linkage map of Escherichia coli. Bacteriol.Rev. 34:155-175