AT3141      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
12 Map Position:
68.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, mu+Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- proA30-- may be due to integration of phage mu in the proA locus.
- argD37-- All argD mutants are quite leaky for Arg requirement. Best detected by suppression of pro- to Pro+.
- argD37-- 1.is leaky; We are told that this allele behaves better when transduced into another background. Suppresses proA30 to Pro+.
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Taylor, A.L. 1970. Current linkage map of Escherichia coli. Bacteriol.Rev. 34:155-175