AT915      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
45 Map Position:
65.00 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: dapD12::Mu
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain will grow on rich media without the addition of diaminopimelic acid. On minimal medium it responds best to lysine. The strain may carry a temperature-sensitive mutation.
- dapD12::Mu-- mutation is due to the insertion of phage Mu in the dapD locus.
- dapD12::Mu-- Strains with this mutation require 100ug/ml diaminopimelic acid even when grown on LB
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Bukhari, A.I., A.L. Taylor 1971. Genetic analysis of diaminopimelic acid- and lysine-requiring mutants of Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 105:844-854