AT980      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
45 Map Position:
65.00 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: dapD2
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain can be maintained on nutrient broth (or L broth) only if the medium is supplemented with 40-50 ug/ml of DL-diaminopimelic acid. The strain may carry a temperature-sensitive mutation.
- We have a report that it is no longer an Hfr.
- dapD2-- Strains with this mutation require 100ug/ml diaminopimelic acid even when grown on LB
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Bukhari, A.I., A.L. Taylor 1971. Genetic analysis of diaminopimelic acid- and lysine-requiring mutants of Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 105:844-854