AT997      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
45 Map Position:
65.00 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- See also Yeh et al, 1988, MGG. The dap mutation was originally ascribed to dapC, but feedback reports characterize it as dapA.
- This strain can be maintained on nutrient broth (or L broth) only if the medium is supplemented with 40-50 ug/ml of DL-diaminopimelic acid. This strain may carry a temperature-sensitive mutation.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- dapA15-- : This allele has been reported to revert at high frequency, perhaps as high as 10-5,
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Bukhari, A.I., A.L. Taylor 1971. Genetic analysis of diaminopimelic acid- and lysine-requiring mutants of Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 105:844-854