AT3196      Source of Strain:
A.L. TaylorOther Designations:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
45 Map Position:
65.00 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- The mutant specifically requires pyridoxal, which must be added to both minimal and rich media for optimum growth (2 x 10-6 M).
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Taylor, A.L. 1972. In Miller,Expts.in Molec.Genet. CSHL:451-0