AT984      Source of Strain:
F+ Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain can be maintained on nutrient broth only if the medium is supplemented with 40-50 ug/ml DL-diaminopimelic acid.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- dapE6-- was formerly called dapA6.
- dapE6-- : We have had feedback indicating that this is a very good allele whereas the dapE9 strain grows a bit on LB without DAP
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Bukhari, A.I., A.L. Taylor 1971. Genetic analysis of diaminopimelic acid- and lysine-requiring mutants of Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 105:844-854
- Richaud, F., C. Richaud, P. Ratet, J.C. Patte 1986. Chromosomal location and nucleotide sequence of the Escherichia coli dapA gene. J.Bacteriol. 166:297-300