SASX77      Source of Strain:
A. SasarmanOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1
, metB1Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- hemA8-- : hemA mutant strains must be supplemented with Δ aminolevulinic acid, e.g., L + 10-50 ug/ml Δ ALA
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Sasarman, A, M Surdeanu, T Horodniceanu 1968. Locus determining the synthesis of delta-aminolevulinic acid in Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 96(5):1882-4.