CV15      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: fhuA22
, creC510Strain Comments:
- adk-15(ts)-- was called plsA15.
- glpD3-- Loss of G-3-P dehydrogenase (aerobic) results in inability of strains to grow on glycerol or glycerol-3-P as sole carbon source.
- glpD3-- GlpD loss also results in stasis with gluconeogenic C sources, e.g.,succinate. glpA or glpD mutants should be grown on min.salts+1% glycerol-free casein hydrolysate+1% glucose.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- glpc = constitutive expr.glp regulon
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Cronan, JE, TK Ray, PR Vagelos 1970. Selection and characterization of an E. coli mutant defective in membrane lipid biosynthesis. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 65(3):737-44.