T850      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: fhuA2::IS2
, groE-1Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- groE-1-- : The strain is TS on minimal, not on Luria
- groE-1-- The (gro-purA region of this strain comes from a derivative of E. coli B.
- fhuA2::IS2 was formerly called fhuA2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- ::IS2 = Insertion of IS2
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- L? = assignment uncertain
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Takano, T, T Kakefuda 1972. Involvement of a bacterial factor in morphogenesis of bacteriophage capsid. Nature New Biol. 239(89):34-7.
- Govezensky, D, T Greener, G Segal, A Zamir 1991. Involvement of GroEL in nif gene regulation and nitrogenase assembly. J. Bacteriol. 173(20):6339-46.
- Greener, T., D. Govezensky, A. Zamir 1993. A novel multicopy suppressor of a groEL mutation includes two nested open reading frames transcribed from different promoters. EMBO J. 12:889-896