ED1032      Source of Strain:
P. Broda et al.Sex:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
201(TP3) Map Position:
58.00 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-lac)5
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- TP3-- is F42-114 inserted between his (44) and thyA (68.8) his lacI-A > thyA
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- SpcR = spectinomycin resistant
- Broda, P, P Meacock, M Achtman 1972. Early transfer of genes determining transfer functions by some Hfr strains in Escherichia coli K12. Mol. Gen. Genet. 116(4):336-47.