RK9117      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: [araD139]B/r
, zig-621::Tn10 uhpA+B+CconT+
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- [araD139]B/r-- The thr-leu region was transduced from an E. coli B/r strain (SB3118) in early steps of strain derivation; ara or in some strains ara-leu or thr-leu are from B.
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- rpsL150(strR)-- T to C transition mutation resulting in a K43R amino acid substitution.
- zig-621::Tn10 uhpA+B+CconT+-- uhpC 91::4 has a 4aa insertion after residue 91 resulting in constitutive transport of 4- 5- and 6-carbon sugar phosphates
- Δ(uhpT-ilvB)2095 was formerly called Δ(ilvBN-uhpABCT')2095
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- zig-621::Tn10 uhpA+B+CconT+ was formerly called zig-621::Tn10 uhpA+B+C 91::4 (Con)T+
- = tetracycline resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Shearer, G, JC Lee, JA Koo, DH Kohl 2005. Quantitative estimation of channeling from early glycolytic intermediates to CO in intact Escherichia coli. FEBS J. 272(13):3260-9.