ED1039      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
125(TP4)(ts) Map Position:
43.00 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-lac)5
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- TP(lacA-lacI)4-- is a transposition of lac due to the integration of F42-114 (FTS114- lac+ between his and trp. trp--uvrC--> lacA-I-- his
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- SpcR = spectinomycin resistant
- Masters, M, P Broda 1971. Evidence for the bidirectional replications of the Escherichia coli chromosome. Nature New Biol. 232(31):137-40.
- Broda, P, P Meacock, M Achtman 1972. Early transfer of genes determining transfer functions by some Hfr strains in Escherichia coli K12. Mol. Gen. Genet. 116(4):336-47.