SB1803      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- We are told that SB1803 is a poor host for P1, due to a mutation which may be at the lpcB locus. The strain may also be Fla-.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Blumenthal, T. 1972. P1 transduction: formation of heterogenotes upon cotransduction of bacterial genes with a P2 prophage. Virology 47:76-93