P678-54      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- secA208-- : azi is now secA
- minB-2-- mini-cell producer
- fic-1-- Found in W677 and its derivatives. Mutant phenotype is filamentation in the presence of cAMP.
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- hns-1 was formerly called cur-1
- hns-1 was formerly called osmZ1
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- secA208 was formerly called azi-8
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Adler, H.I., W.D. Fischer, A. Cohen, A.A. Hardigree 1967. Miniature Escherichia coli cells deficient in DNA. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 57:321-326
- Inselburg, J 1970. Segregation into and replication of plasmid deoxyribonucleic acid in chromosomeless segregants of Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 102(3):642-7.
- Frazer 1975. Curr.Topics Microbiol.Immunol. 69:1-0