MC118      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, P1immStrain Comments:
- This strain may also carry rfbD1.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- purE42-- :Strains with this marker are derivatives of Χ148 and may carry malA38LAMR and a suppressor of the Mal- phenotype, sup-78,near his.
- P1imm-- P1-immunity.
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- manA3 was formerly called man-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- aziR = azide resistance
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Markovitz, A, RJ Sydiskis, MM Lieberman 1967. Genetic and biochemical studies on mannose-negative mutants that are deficient in phosphomannose isomerase in Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 94(5):1492-6.