N2668      Source of Strain:
Gottesman & GellertSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, bglR6Strain Comments:
- rpsL150(strR)-- T to C transition mutation resulting in a K43R amino acid substitution.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- [lig-7](ts)-- is a temperature-sensitive mutation which was brought in from E. coli 15; it reverts. The strain must be monitored frequently.
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Gottesman, MM, ML Hicks, M Gellert 1973. Genetics and function of DNA ligase in Escherichia coli. J. Mol. Biol. 77(4):531-47.