MX419      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
44 Map Position:
46.69 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: lacZ2210
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- 1.This strain was constructed to provide a source of the allele supD74(Ts). It transfers supD early in conjugation. Oeschger recommends using ValR counterselection
- 2.in conjugational transfer from MX419.
- supD74 (TS) is not very efficient in MX419. The rpsL183 allele inhibits the suppressor efficiency four-fold in this strain.
- The presence of the suppressor can be monitored by checking for a Lac+ phenotype at 30C and a Lac- phenotype at 40C.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- serU74(ts,AS) was formerly called supD74
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Oeschger, MP, SL Woods 1976. A temperature-sensitive suppressor enabling the manipulation of the level of individual proteins in intact cells. Cell 7(2):205-12.