MA135      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-proA)62
, str-Strain Comments:
- The pedigree of this strain is not completely understood yet. There may be sugar markers. We will send a complete description as soon as it is available.
- CanR?-1-- This is a mutation that results in canavanine resistance and maps near argP, but does not affect arginine transport.
- CanR?-1 was formerly called can-1
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Hirshfield, IN, HJ Rosenfeld, Z Leifer, WK Maas 1970. Isolation and characterization of a mutant of Escherichia coli blocked in the synthesis of putrescine. J. Bacteriol. 101(3):725-30.
- Maas, W.K. 1972. Mapping of genes involved in the synthesis of spermidine in Escherichia coli. Mol.Gen.Genet. 119:1-9