PP48      Source of Strain:
Perlman & PastanOther Designations:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, bglR11Strain Comments:
- The strain must be purified frequently by streaking on MacConkey-Lac and selecting Lac- colonies.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- cyaA1-- marker is very unstable and the strain should be checked for reversion. The marker comes from Pasten's strain 5336.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Perlman, RL, I Pastan 1969. Pleiotropic deficiency of carbohydrate utilization in an adenyl cyclase deficient mutant of Escherichia coli. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 37(1):151-7.