FP4102      Source of Strain:
F410 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: Plasmid Comment:
was called F4102 by Marinus and Morimyo. Chromosomal Markers: galE66
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- thyA25-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- trpA9761(Am) was formerly called trp-47
- trpA9761(Am) was formerly called trp-40
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- GalS = UDPGal accum.toxic if GalKRP+
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Marinus, MG 1973. Location of DNA methylation genes on the Escherichia coli K-12 genetic map. Mol. Gen. Genet. 127(1):47-55.
- Parkinson, JS 1976. cheA, cheB, and cheC genes of Escherichia coli and their role in chemotaxis. J. Bacteriol. 126(2):758-70.
- Morimyo, M, Y Shimazu, N Ishii 1976. Isolation and genetic analysis of amber uvrA and uvrB mutants. J. Bacteriol. 126(1):529-32.