TA410      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: ara-600
, Δ(purD-metA)768Strain Comments:
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- is a deletion of the entire lac operon, from the strain Hfr 3000 X74 of Jacob. Refs. on extent of deletion: Sung et al.1987,J.Bact.169:2639; Gerdes et al.2001
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- Shown by Durfee et al. to extend from codon 292 of yahG through mhpE
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- Shown by Ferrandez et al. 1997 to extend to mhpD
- zig-1863::Tn10-- cotransduces 7% with polA. ca. 86 or 88 min.
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δ(lac)3
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δlac74
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called DE(lac)6
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called X74
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δ(yahG-mhpE)
- Δ(purD-metA)768 was formerly called Δ(purDH-rrnE-metA)
- Δ(rrsB-rrlB)769 was formerly called Δ(rrsB-gltT-rrlB)101
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = tetracycline resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Asai, T, D Zaporojets, C Squires, CL Squires 1999. An Escherichia coli strain with all chromosomal rRNA operons inactivated: complete exchange of rRNA genes between bacteria. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 96(5):1971-6.
- Asai, T, C Condon, J Voulgaris, D Zaporojets, B Shen, M Al-Omar, C Squires, CL Squires 1999. Construction and initial characterization of Escherichia coli strains with few or no intact chromosomal rRNA operons. J. Bacteriol. 181(12):3803-9.